If you’ve never been to college, it’s tough to imagine what a typical week’s schedule will be like. Even if you plan out your classes, it’s hard to say how you will actually spend your time, such as when you’ll be getting up, eating, and so forth.
Although everyone chooses a different schedule based on what works for them and yours will inevitably be unique too, a sample one is always good to have. For sports options click here.
Below is my schedule from the first quarter of my freshman year, where I took three classes: Astronomy, Bioethics, and a writing class (“Core”). Here’s what a typical week looked like for me:
- 8:40 AM: Wake up to loud alarm clock. Cuss loudly, then quickly shower, get dressed, and grab some food quickly in the dining hall.
- 9:30 AM – 10:40: Attend Astronomy lecture.
- 11 AM: Eat lunch with my roommate and our friends. Hang around for a while.
- 5 PM: Eat an early dinner with roommate/friends.
- 7:30 PM – 8:40 PM: Attend Astronomy discussion class, even though it’s optional.
- 11 PM: Grab some late night food before the dining hall closes.
- 1 AM: Go to sleep