Display Your Appreciation…Without Breaking the Bank!
Holidays are supposed to be about showing love to the people you care about, but many people fear the strain that many holidays may have on their wallet. You don’t need lots of money to show you care on Mother’s Day!
Here are 10 low-budget ways to show your love:
1) Your parents don’t get thanked for all they do often enough! Make a card or write your mom a heartfelt letter. Be specific about the things you love about her and write about the things that she has done to influence you. Honest and loving words can sometimes be the thing she remembers the most.
2) You probably already have a large music library. Buy a pack of CD’s from the store and make a mix of songs that your mother might enjoy. Mix up some of the music she might listen to on her own but, also the music you like that could expand her musical taste a bit.
3) Give her something heartfelt that will spice up the home! Take portraits of family members and get them printed out at a photo shop. Put those photos in a multi-picture frame and give them to your mother as a mother’s day gift.
4) Give your mother a break from some of her household tasks like cooking and cleaning. Make your mother dinner and clean up afterwards.
5) Have a mom-date. Take your mother out to dinner, then to a movie that she chooses. Or, rent a movie at home and pop some popcorn.
6) Have an in-home spa day. This doesn’t have to be expensive. Buy a facial mask and nail polish and have a girl’s night pampering yourselves.
7) Instead of simply buying a gift, get your mom a gift card to her favorite store and then go out shopping together. In addition to the gift, you will be able to spend time together.
8 ) Take your mother to an event she wouldn’t typically attend, such as to a new restaurant, a play, or a sporting event.
9) If your mother likes the outdoors, go to a park and have a picnic.
10) Buy flowers and bake your mother’s favorite pastry product. Snack and allow the flowers to beautify your home.
With these simple steps, you can turn Mother’s Day into a special time of love and closeness that you will both enjoy!