Truth be told: I stole this idea from a facebook post. I know how quickly a copy-and-paste facebook post spreads, so chances are, you’ve seen this before. The post started liked this:
Pay it forward 2013! I promise to make something handmade for the first five people who comment…
And there is more to it, but that’s the only part I’m stealing.
It goes on with the “rules” and asks you to pay it forward and repost it, but of course. And I do adore the idea of paying it forward, but generosity is a beautiful thing all by itself… so, let’s save the angst for later.
Last year I faced some tough times in my personal life. But, I received a lot of support and encouragement from readers by way of comments and email. So, now, this is my way of giving a little somethin’ back and starting this year on a positive note.
I promise to make something handmade for the first 5 people who comment on this blog post.
- The “something handmade” will be artwork.
- I will use ink and watercolor.
- It will be on high quality 5×7 paper.
- I will email you a few questions, so I know your preferences.
- I will take my time and make it pretty. :)
You DO NOT have to pay it forward. Really. Nothing bad will happen to you if you don’t. Just leave a comment…
In your comment, answer this question:
- How are you creative? (For ex: I write… I paint… I sing… I knit…)
- If you have a website for your work, then share that too.
I look forward to your responses!
(photo credit: http://www.flickr.com/photos/3rdfoundation/ )